Buying a San Diego home? Search all homes for sale
What are the seven steps to selling your home?
Today, I’ll walk you through each of them. Hopefully, this will give you a better idea of what the process looks like.
1. Hire the right professional. Working with an agent you know and trust will make all the difference. Of course, I’d love for you to give me the opportunity to be that agent.
2. Determine the price. This is something you’ll do in conjunction with your agent, who will examine other homes on the market, other homes that have recently sold, and a number of other factors. Coming up with the right price is something which will require a lot of experience and knowledge from your agent.
3. Prep. On my team, we have something called our Prep to Sell Program. Involved in this program are a variety of contractors and other vendors who we’ve worked with and trust to help you prepare your home for market. Part of this preparation may be staging.
4. Promotion. This is a big part of my own job. Having been in real estate for nearly 33 years, my office has become my laboratory. I experiment with different marketing techniques all the time to find the best methods for my clients.
5. Proposal. What I really mean by this is your offer. The process of making an offer includes a lot of negotiation, and there’s more to it than many people think.
“Even after the offer is accepted, you aren’t done yet.”
6. Process. Once the offer is accepted, you aren’t done yet. There is still the escrow process to go through. Whether this process is two, four, six, or even eight weeks, it will involve inspections, repairs, negotiations, and other things.
7. Pack and payday. After everything else is taken care of, you should be left with the results you set out for from the start. At this point, it’s time to collect what you earned from the sale. It’s also time to get your belongings packed and ready to move.
If you have any other questions, would like more information, or are thinking of selling your home, feel free to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.