There’s so much to know when you sell a home or other real estate in California—and even more when it’s in a trust of someone who passed away.
You’ll need to know a variety of laws, procedures, liabilities, pitfalls, myths, mistakes, best practices, tips, and “how-to”s. All that information can be overwhelming.
Fortunately, there’s a solution. On October 18, Living Trust Attorney and expert Heidi Klippel, along with myself (30-year Realtor Gary Kent) will be holding a free seminar at UTC Mall.
Together we’ll explain what you need to know when selling a home or other real estate as a successor trustee or fiduciary. Here are just a few of the things you’ll discover when you attend:
- Is your home even in your trust? Many aren’t! Here’s how to know!
- What disclosures are successor trustees exempt & not exempt from?
- Common items trustees forget to disclose… & can be sued for!
- Tax form you must file to avoid sending big $$$ to the IRS
- 2 dangerous myths about successor trustees & disclosures
- Can you sell/give the home to yourself??
- What if you own a home NOT in a trust?
- 5 smart home selling tips