Buying a San Diego home? Search all homes for sale
You may be aware of this already, but we are still in a hot seller’s market here in San Diego. There is heavy competition out there for buyers, so a lot of them have been asking me how they can ensure their offer stands out among others when multiple offers are common. I have a few tips to share with you that will hopefully answer that question:
1. Speed is critical. When a house you like comes on the market, don’t wait to see it during the weekend. You need to be ready to see it now, and possibly make an offer.
2. Don’t be afraid to offer full price or above. However, don’t simply look at the list price and decide to offer 5% over. Do some research first and determine if the list price is fair before bidding it up.
3. Have your financing in order, complete with the largest down payment possible.
4. Have a healthy-sized earnest money deposit. At least 1% of the purchase price, possibly more.
“Don’t be afraid to offer full price or above.”
5. Don’t ask for miscellaneous repairs, such as a termite clearance.
6. Work with a great agent. This is the most important step. We also happen to have eight or nine great agents on our team. Just saying.
If you have any questions for us or are thinking about buying or selling a home in San Diego, give us a call or send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you soon!