“We’re going to be buying a home in a couple of months and want to get our finances in order so we can get a good loan rate. What do you recommend?”
Here are the Ten Commandments Of Getting A Home Loan:
- Thou shalt consult with a lender six months before getting a home loan.
- Thou shalt not change jobs, become
self-employed orquit your job.
- Thou shalt not buy a vehicle, furniture,
or anythingon credit.
- Thou shalt not use credit cards excessively
or cancelany credit cards.
- Thou shalt not spend money you have set aside
- Thou shalt not omit anything from your
- Thou shalt not originate any inquiries into
- Thou shalt not make large deposits without a
- Thou shalt not be late on any payments to
- Thou shalt not co-sign a loan for anyone.
Never do #2-10 before or while getting a home mortgage UNLESS you get the okay from your mortgage lender.